To successfully complete this week’s discussion:
- Refer to this week’s reading, Chapter 1 of your textbook.
- Use the Strayer University Library and/or the Internet to conduct independent research on your state’s statutes on parole and probation violations. You might start by typing in your state and the phrase “state statutes” (for example, Minnesota state statutes) in your browse’s search bar.
- Locate in your state’s statutes the procedure to follow when a subject violates their parole or probation.
Please respond to the following in a substantive post:
- Share the link to the page containing the procedure with your classmates.
- Identify a question or questions you have about the specific procedure.
- Be sure to provide full citations and references, formatted according to Strayer Writing Standards.
For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
Please respond substantively to at least one other post. Choose to respond to those who have few or no responses. If possible, choose a post that addresses a different state from yours.
Consider the following as you respond to your classmate:
- Summarize the similarities you found between your state’s procedures for probation/parole violations and those of your classmate’s state.
- Identify any differences between the states’ statutes on parole/probation violations