Due after 12 hrs | English homework help
Prologue: Warm-up & Chapter 1: Play Ball
Please answer each of the following questions in your own words:
1) According to Stuart Brown what are the seven essential characteristics of play?
2) Why is play considered by some to be a “central paradox of evolutionary biology”?
3) Describe at least two ways in which play is beneficial to mammal species.
4) According to William Calvin how the throwing motion help to jump-start the evolution of the modern human brain? Do you think this theory makes sense? Why or why not?
5) What is the earliest evidence for playing a ball game anywhere in the world?
6) Why did Roman physician/philosopher Galen argue that ball play was the best form of exercise?