For this lab exercise, you will download and modify a resume template found here.
Complete the following steps:
- Step 1: Download the resume template to your computer.
- Step 2: Change the first section of the resume (address and contact information) to reflect your own address and contact information. If you do not want to use your personal information, make up your address and use your AIU e-mail account.
- Step 3: Put your name in the indicated place at the top.
- Step 4: Change the font of your name to Times New Roman, size 26 or 28.
- Step 5: Change all of the headings to italics.
- Step 6: Under Qualifications, list your best skills. Please keep this to no more than 3 lines. For this exercise, that is all that is needed.
- Step 7: Under the Education section, detail the education that you have currently obtained, or use fictional information here. Include the degree that you are pursuing now. Use what is written in the template as a guide.
- Step 8: Modify the dates and jobs under the Work Experience and Additional Experience (if applicable) headings to your last 3 jobs. If you do not have 3 prior jobs or if you do not want to use personal information, this can be fictional.
- Step 9: Change the job titles and responsibilities to those that you had at each job or that you made up.
- Step 10: Modify the resume so that it is contained to no more than 2 pages.
- Step 11:Save the resume as your “Last Name_First Name_Resume.docx.”
- Example: Doe_John_Resume.docx.
- Step 12: Submit your completed assignment for grading.
For assistance with this assignment, the following video links may be helpful:
The Teacher (2015, November 15). Microsoft Word 2016 / 2013 | Paragraph Formatting and Alignments. Retrieved from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6H2ZhtcNLs
The Teacher (2015, December 31, 2015). Word 2016 Tutorial | Line and Paragraph Spacing. Retrieved from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zjmHeMqdWM
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.