Soc 120 dq2 w3 | English homework help
The purpose of this discussion is to give you the opportunity to apply ethical theories and perspectives to modern issues of the workplace. Off-duty conduct away from the workplace can be monitored and reported in many ways. These ways have only grown due to the increase in social media use, which provides employers far greater opportunities to become aware of what employees do outside of the workplace. Some types of behaviors are especially concerning, as they may have on-duty consequences. Other types of off-duty behavior, however, are more difficult to clearly define as grossly inappropriate and warranting employer intervention. But who draws this line, and what are the ethical implications of where the line is drawn? Prepare and post a response to the following prompt:
Using the resources provided, your own research, and your knowledge of the ethical concepts from the text, consider the issue of off-site monitoring of conduct:
- Considering your own work experience, imagine a circumstance in which your supervisor monitored your behavior off the job. Describe the circumstances, including how and why your conduct was monitored.
- Would you consider your example to involve a minor, moderate, or severe invasion of an individual’s privacy? Explain your reasoning. Share your unemotional, well-defined, evidence-based response to your boss to support your viewpoint.
- What issues do you believe led to your employer monitoring you? Use one ethical theory or perspective to help support your employer’s viewpoint, and use a scholarly source as your evidence.
- What about your viewpoint as the employee? Use one ethical theory or perspective to support an employee’s right to privacy outside of work, and use a scholarly source as your evidence.
- Support your claims with examples from the required resources and/or other scholarly sources, and properly cite any references in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate this Discussion Thread.
I work at a elementary school as a Teachers Asssitant and an Afterschool Site Manager.
Book: Soc 120- Ethics and Social Responsibility by Kurt Mosser
If you have a further question please feel free to ask.
i need this question done by 8/4/16 8:00 pm pacific time
Thank You! 🙂