Identify a past personal example to work through the 5-Step Problem Solving Model
Select a personal problem from the list below:
- or any reasonable problem where there was more than one alternative
Use the following steps to fill in the table provided in the worksheet:
- Identify the problem (choose a fairly simple example)
- Identify 2 or 3 alternative solutions
- Note the advantages and disadvantages of each alternative
- Choose one and explain why you chose it
- Explain how well is the solution working
Use the Problem Solving Worksheet that is provided
Write a 150 to 200- word reflection about this process, including:
- How did this process help you devise a solution?
- How can you use this process with future problems?
- Will this work for all problems you face (why or why not)?