In this assignment, you are to use the same corporation you selected for the assignments in Weeks 3 and 6. You will examine business and corporate-level strategies and their impact on corporate success comparable to the competitive environment.Use any or all of the following resources to conduct research on the corporation:
- The corporation’s website.
- Public filings from the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Filings & Forms page.
- Strayer University’s online databases.
- The Lexis Advance database.
- Other credible sources. (The corporation’s annual report will often provide insights that other resources may not include.)
(Note: It is expected that you will also use your course textbook to complete the assignment.)
Use the Business-Level and Corporate-Level Strategies Template [DOCX] to write a 6-8 page academic research paper in which you include the following:*Note: The title page and source list are in addition to the 6-8 page requirement
- Assess the business-level strategies you believe to be most appropriate for the corporation’s long-term success. Support your position with specific evidence.
- Assess the corporate-level strategies you believe to be most appropriate for the corporation’s long-term success. Support your position with specific evidence.
- Analyze the competitive environment to determine the corporation’s most significant competitor. Be sure to include a comparison of the business-level and corporate-level strategies for both corporations.
- Based on your analysis, conclude which corporation is most likely to be successful in the long term. Support your determination with at least three pieces of evidence.
- Determine whether your corporation, or its most significant competitor, would differ in slow-cycle and fast-cycle markets. Support your position with specific evidence.
- Use three or more quality sources, including your textbook, to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. (Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources)
- Produce writing that is clear and well organized and applies appropriate Strayer Writing Standards (SWS) style. Writing contains accurate grammar, mechanics, and spelling.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is as follows:
- Determine business-level and corporate-level strategies for a corporation’s long-term success comparable to the competitive environment.