Thomas Edison, the man responsible for the development of direct current, battled with Nikola Tesla, who believed Alternating Current offered solutions to long distance power transfer, in what we now call the War of the Currents. The War of the Currents is still active today as we develop new and innovative ways of creating our circuitry.
Discussion Prompt: Discuss the following prompts
- Research and discuss Thomas Edison’s perspective on DC and AC current.
- Research and discuss Nikola Tesla’s perspective on AC and DC current.
- In your opinion, who won the War of the Currents between Edison and Tesla?
- Why is the War of Currents still a debate for scientists today?
- How do you use both AC and DC current in your daily life?