A dashboard displays the most relevant information using visualization techniques and cues to involve the user in information processing. The purpose of the dashboard is for you to culminate the learning achieved in the course by identifying key information and displaying the information effectively. Throughout the course we have explored various healthcare statistics and the underlying information sources and uses. In this dashboard project, you will prepare a dashboard for a department, acute care hospital or skilled nursing home. At this stage in the program, you are not required to use a dashboard template, the focus is on content. You can utilize Excel to graphically display the graphs and charts. Please note: The project is due by Day 7 of Week 4 and the Dashboard should be posted in the Week 5 Discussion 2.
Preparing the Dashboard
The Dashboard :
- Develop a dashboard for one of the following:
- Acute care hospital
- A skilled nursing facility
- A Health Information Management Department
- Include a minimum of eight key performance indicators.
- Use at least four commonly calculated rates from Appendix A of the textbook or Chapter 9 Statistics Computed within the Health Information Management Department.
- Graphically display the dashboard.
- Utilize Excel Smart art Graphics
- Utilize Excel Charts
- Use color variations to highlight key points
- Your dashboard should be a minimum of one full page.
- Include a two to three page analysis of dashboards use:
- Summarize the evolution of dashboards
- Explain how dashboards are used in healthcare and business
- Explain why you chose the information in the Dashboard
- Articulate the rationale for the dashboard format.
- Include a title page with the following:
- Title of Dashboard
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- In addition to the textbook, include references for five scholarly sources. Format your references according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center