Wk5: article review & wk5: strategic profile analysis
- Lafley, A. & Martin, R. (2013). Playing to win: How strategy really works. Boston, MA: Harvard Business Review Press. (read Chapter 3, Where to Play)
- Magretta, J. (2011). Understanding Michael Porter: The essential guide to competition and strategy. Boston, MA: Harvard Business Review Press. (read Chapter 3, Competitive Advantage: The Value Chain and P&L)
Wk5: Article Review: MUST BE IN APA FORMAT
Each week students should review one article related to business strategy. The article can cover business strategy in fields like Finance, IT, HR, Accounting, etc.
Articles can be found in Business Source Complete or ProQuest Central.
The article text itself must be 1) at least 1,000 words (excluding title, bios, and any other related material), 2) peer-reviewed, and 3) published within the last five years. If you have any questions about using a particular article, please reach out to your professor. Article Review Instructions: In 500-800 words (including title and references) review the article as follows:
- First half – review of article contents, concepts, insights, and how it relates to business strategy
- Second half – application to your world
- Use at least one QCR (quotation, citation, reference) from the article itself
- Use at least one QCR from another source (can be a peer-review article or something from HBR, Fortune, Economist, or Wall Street Journal).
- Therefore, your references at the end of your article should have at least two entries.
- Title your review LastName_FirstInitialWk1AR
Wk5: Strategic Profile Analysis
In this third week of the project, you will provide an overview of the company’s 2-4 key competitors. This week’s chapter should include the following sections:
- Cover Page: Include your name, course, professor, date, and page number
- Competitive Information: Include a section for each competitor and provide insights on those competitors and how they are similar and different from your company.